Thursday, September 27, 2018

Funky Wall


This weird and whimsical entry point to a house in Juneau, Alaska caught my eye. When I first saw it I did not know exactly what I was looking at. Was it a house made out of skis? On closer inspection I found that it was a free-standing wall made out of water skiis. It was a privacy wall in front of a house and property on the water. Pretty clever!

The image was first processed normally in Lightroom. Then I applied a Topaz Adjust 5 filter to punch the colors. Then in Photoshop I applied the Artistic/Cutout filter for the finishing touch.

Normally I do not process images to this extent, but this funky facade needed some extra punch so I resorted to a little extra help. When working on more traditional nature and wildlife images I rarely modify images to this extent. But when going for something more artsy or dramatic, it is OK to go a bit overboard. Just always let good taste be your guide. And have some fun, too!

TECH SPECS
1/200 sec. at f/8, ISO 400. Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II set at 50mm on Canon 5D Mark III body. Handheld.

TODAY'S QUOTE: "This world is but a canvas to our imagination."  --Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment