Saturday, August 25, 2018

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!


I got to Alaska a couple of days early to just chill. I wanted to see and do a few things before everyone arrived. I had not been to the tiny town of Talkeetna in over a decade so it was time for a return visit. Three tour participants who had arrived early rode there with me, and we had a fun day of shopping, eating pizza, shopping, having ice cream, shopping, and  -  did I say shopping??

Anyway, I was persuaded to pose for this exquisite portrait in Talkeetna and wanted to share it with you. It was taken by my friend Jane who agreed to part with it for a small fee.

Full disclosure  -  the bear was quite friendly, and I did not catch the fish!

Tonight is our first group meeting at a Welcome and Orientation session. We leave early Sunday morning for Denali National Park. Let the fun begin!

We will be out of internet range until next weekend, so I will not be able to post any images from Denali until then.

TECH SPECS
Unwilling model was photographed with iPhone 6 at close range. Handheld. 

TODAY'S QUOTE: "Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun."  --Randy Rausch

No comments:

Post a Comment