I love the location I have found for photographing grizzly bears in Alaska. In every respect it is the best for bear photography in so many ways. Here's why:
1. While the bears are completely wild, they are used to seeing humans and are not a threat.
2. Our lodge is very close to where the bears are, and we photograph bears every day.
3. No forced marches - we are transported on an ATV with all our gear to where the bears are.
4. See moms and cubs who are nursing, playing, eating, and close enough for great shots.
5. No super-long lenses needed.
6. Lovely lodge with comfortable rooms, private baths, great food, and charming hosts.
7. It is easy to get to - the lodge is a one-hour small plane flight from Anchorage (included in your tour fee)
8. I book the entire lodge, so everything runs on our schedule for the BEST bear photography.
9. I provide personalized instruction, and daily image reviews.
10. AND we have fun!
What more could you ask for? This is THE perfect trip for photographing bears. AND, weather permitting we will take a short boat ride one day to a breeding island to photograph puffins. This trip is a great combination of superb photography, wonderful surroundings, and Alaska ambience!
LIMITED TO ONLY 8 PHOTOGRAPHERS
July 15 - 21, 2019
Read more details at
Call or email me with questions or to register
1/1000 sec. at f/8, ISO 400. Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens with Canon 1.4x extender set at 560mm (top left), 330mm (top right and bottom). Handheld.
TODAY'S QUOTE: "We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." --Jawaharial Nehru