If you have been following my Blog, you know that Iceland has become one of my favorite places to go. Its incredible waterfalls, sweeping scenery, huge glaciers, beautiful horses, and charming villages have captivated me. That is why I am going back August 4 - 14.
Today's image is the famous Kirkjufellsfoss triple waterfall with Kirkjufell Mountain behind.
There is a lot of interest in photographing in Iceland, and I field many questions. Along with other questions, I am asked why the trip is priced as it is. There are several reasons, and today's blog has answers to this and other questions.
Q - Why is this Iceland trip more expensive than others I see offered?
A - There are several reasons.
1. All lodging is included, and each person will have their own room with private bath. No one will have to share a room with a roommate (except couples traveling together of course).
2. All meals are included, and all snacks. Food is amazingly expensive in Iceland, and many other trips offered do not include all meals. Read each trip offering carefully. Food generally costs at least 2 to 3 times more than anything comparable in the US.
3. All tips are included. It has been a hallmark of Awake The Light photo tours to set fees that are all inclusive. There will never be any hidden fees. Since I hate to be "nickled and dimed" regarding any purchases or when traveling, I do not ever want to do that to anyone else either.
4. All ground transportation is included.
5. All guide services are included. We travel with a highly knowledgeable native Icelander who knows every inch of the country. He also has many contacts all over Iceland who keep us informed on weather conditions, and lighting conditions. We can make spur of the moment decisions and be in the right places at the right times. This is an invaluable element of any photo trip.
Q - Are there any pricing specials?
A - Yes, there is an Early Bird special price if you register by March 1. Pricing information is on the website HERE
Q - Why is the trip planned for August?
A - Summer is when the puffins and other bird life are still nesting there, and the weather is generally more benign. And August is just after the busiest tourist season, so the crowds will be a bit smaller. In addition, we will have nearly 18 hours of daylight, so there will be that beautiful "sweet light" for much of the day.
Q - Where will we go?
A - Our 10-day adventure begins in Reykjavik. We then travel to many parts of the country including the southern, western, and northern areas. We will also have forays into the central heart of the country. In our travels we will see many iconic waterfalls, impressive glaciers, puffins, famous Icelandic horses, rocky coastlines, quaint villages and farms, and much more.
Q - Why do you love Iceland so much?
A - Iceland is a captivating and mesmerizing place. The rugged scenery, the welcoming and charming people, the extreme cleanliness of the entire country, and its European charm combine to create a wonderful place to experience. And you will return home with impressive world-class images that you will cherish forever.
You can view images from Iceland and get more details HERE
Only 5 spaces left,
so call 757-773-0194
or email me with questions.
1/2 sec., f/22, ISO 100. Canon 17-40mm f/4L lens set at 17mm, on Canon 7D Mark II body. Gitzo tripod with Really Right Stuff ballhead. Black-and-white conversion done in Lightroom.
TODAY'S QUOTE: "In Iceland you can see the contours of the mountains wherever you go, and the swell of the hills. And always beyond that, the horizon." --Hannah Kent