Friday, May 31, 2019

Simple Close Up


Often the simplest subjects can be the most powerful. This perfect orchid was in bloom in a botanical gardens, and had just been watered by one of the volunteers. Perfect timing! I like to find natural water droplets rather than bringing my own spray bottle, so I never carry one. But if I luck out to be photographing just after a regular watering, I am happy to take advantage of the good timing.

Not only is this a simple subject, but the tones and composition are simple as well. I tipped the camera so that the viewer's eye moves from lower left to upper right. And it is carefully cropped so that, except for the lower left, there is no extraneous background.

TECH SPECS
1/2000 sec. at f/3.2, ISO 800. Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS lens on Canon 5D Mark III body. Handheld.

TODAY'S QUOTE: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  -- Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment