Friday, November 16, 2018

The Calm After The Storm


I am just finishing up my programs and teaching duties at the Festival of the Cranes at Bosque del Apache in New Mexico. It has been a fabulous 4 days with tens of thousands of birds - snow geese, sandhill cranes, a wide variety of ducks, and more.

I'll be here for another week leading a photo tour, so it will have been a real treat to be here for 2 weeks. The birds at Bosque are legendary, and they have certainly lived up to their reputation. The snow geese have put on a superb show each and every morning with raucous lift-off's, and the sandhill cranes have been their usual calm selves, soaring serenely overhead.

This image was taken just after sunset when the geese were settling down for the night in an adjacent pond. I had already put my camera away, but grabbed my iPhone to capture this quickly disappearing moment.

TECH SPECS
1/40th sec. at f.2.2, ISO 32. iPhone 6 camera.

TODAY'S QUOTE: "Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath."  -- Michael Caine

No comments:

Post a Comment