Sunday, June 22, 2014

Look Beyond The Obvious


Last week you saw a close-up of a pink flower, and I promised to show you more of the same flower. The image below shows the entire flower, the Tulip of Siam, but that is not the main image in today's blog.
Why not? While it is a lovely flower, the smaller more intimate views appeal to me more.

The large image above shows a tiny flower that lives in the small green swirls below the main bloom. I have never seen a flower that has a main bloom plus several completely different-looking blooms underneath. Each different bloom is beautiful in its own way. The more you examine this flower, the more aspects reveal themselves.



When photographing flowers or any other subjects, it is important to examine everything before you. Take your time. Look at everything. Take images from different angles and different depths of field. Give yourself every opportunity to see and appreciate all that is around you.

TECHNICAL DATA
Shutter Speed 1/80 sec.  Aperture f/4.  ISO 400.  Lens: Canon 100mm macro f/2.8L IS.  Camera: Canon 5D Mark III.  Handheld.

TODAY'S QUOTE: "I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine myself, encourage me to grow."  --Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment